Thursday, January 11, 2018

Beautiful Lilacs


I am so happy today.  I can start posting cards I have designed using the new Susan's Garden Note die sets from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  In Susan's new release there are 5 new flower die sets (Lilac, Pansy, Dogwood, Primrose, Cornflower/Bachelor Button), Gathering Basket, Leafy Berry Branch, and Berry Spray.  Today I am posting a card designed using the new Lilac 2 die set.

This is a 6-inch square card.  A piece of watercolor paper was used to create the background.  The color added was done using Distress Oxide Inks.  

The Lilac was created after watching Susan's Garden Club FaceBook  Video at this LINK.  She gives detailed instruction on how to create this beautiful Lilac.  The petals were colored with a marker.  A yellow Prill was added to the center of the little flowers. The leaves were colored with PanPastels.  The flowers and petals were shaped using Susan's Flower Tool Kit.

 I used the Els van de Burgt Studio Stitched and Dotted Scallop Ovals to create 
the base for the flower. 

Susan's Little Words That Mean A Lot stamp set was used for the sentiment.  It was stamped with VersaFine Black Ink and clear embossed.  The Oval was attach to the front of the card using dimensional tape.

To create the banner across the middle of the card, I used the Dotted Stitched Rectangle die set.  The rectangle was die cut then placed back in the die so that only four of the scallops were inside the die, then it was run back through the die cutting machine.    The piece was cut off and ends tucked under the oval at the center of the oval edges. 

The Dancing Butterfly die set was used to die cut the butterfly.  It was attached at the body to the upper right corner.

Black rhinestones were added as a finishing embellishment.

Thank you for stopping by today. 

The products used for this card are link below.







  

5 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness, your lilacs are so lifelike I can almost smell them! My grandmother had a huge lilac bush and that was the only flower she allowed us to pick all we wanted. She loved her flowers and guarded them from our little fingers!

Ronnie said...

Absolutely beautiful, I can't wait to play with this die.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I love Lilacs- my favorite flower smell EVER!

SuzzieQ said...

I am so glad you can do flower card designs again, too. Love your flowers so much.

Nancy Hill said...

Will try out the lilacs. Beautiful card and you always inspire me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails